Do Men Who Avoid Marriage Live Longer And Happier Lives?
Is it true that men who avoid marriage are living longer, and are overall are much happier with their lives? It makes perfect sense to me. Modern marriage is a business contract from which he enters into a potentially lifetime agreement of indentured servitude. If the marriage ends, in all likelihood he will be financially destroyed, lose his kids and be forced with the threat of prison to hand over half or more than half his salary in alimony and child support. Additionally, he will lose a significant portion of his assets, including whatever stocks, retirement savings, or family inheritances he accumulates. In short, the end game of marriage for a man is a total bummer. The current laws of the court system are so blatantly anti-male that most outcomes of divorce basically end in extreme punitive rulings against the soon-to-be-ex-husband, thus punishing him for the divorce whether he wanted it or not. It’s a punishment for “him” and an economic windfall for “her”. Unfortunately, It’s the end result of a biological quirk which is far more prevalent in men than women. This is wanting to permanently possess an object of their affections, expressed by putting an expensive ring around one of her fingers, and ultimately doing nothing but helping to line the pockets of De Beers. In divorce, not even his emotional investment in the marriage or the kids is considered relevant. And often during the divorce, he discovers how little, if any, rights he has. What few rights he may be “free” to express, casts him in the role of a criminal who has to be supervised on child visitation day. The divorce rate is over 50%, and over 70% of them are initiated by women. And get this, 60% of the reasons why women initiate divorce is boredom, greed for his assets, influence from media, wanting to be with another person intimately, or “finding themselves” like in ‘Eat, Pray, Love’ and so on. In other words, spousal abuse, psychological torture, and infidelity make up much less than half of their reasoning behind divorce. For men, marriage is a losing gamble where he takes on 100% of the risks and receives only a small and diminishing particle of short-term satisfaction.
Think of it this way. Some men really like the anticipation of something adventurous like parachuting. So let’s say you go parachuting with you’re friends one sunny afternoon. When the plane reaches its proper altitude, and you’ve got your chute on your back, a trustworthy friend informs you that you’re chute has a 60% chance of not opening after you leave the plane. Though there still exists a 40% chance that it will function properly, would you rather discover this fact before or after you jump? Oh, and unlike the women who are jumping, you don’t get a backup chute. If you are a rationally thinking man, would you accept those odds? Would you still jump? And given the known percentages of divorce, would you still entertain the thought of parachuting with such hideous odds stacked against you? Would you still get married? Would you sign a contract whose conditions in all probability holds you 100% liable should the contract end? And the other signing party can end it anytime she wants for any reason without liability to her? Marriage is sold to men on an emotional level, and with the promise of tax benefits that’s only available if he works certain high paying jobs. But truthfully, anyone studying the current tax code realizes he’ll pay more in insurances and taxes while married over the long run, and more after the inevitable likelihood of divorce. Realistically the conditions for modern marriage offer no real incentives for men who rationally think it out. The irony is some women (and most feminists) still cling to their outlandish belief that the reason why more and more men are demurring from marriage is because men are “immature”. They must also be afraid of commitment, or suffering some sort of “peter pan” syndrome along with the whole “man-child” characterization. Also a deeper irony is when women decide not to marry, other women are supportive and characterize it in terms of women exercising rational choices. However when the real reason men won’t marry is based on the same rational choices, they don’t have anything but scorn for these men. Fact: 90% of divorce and family court results in the husband and father on the losing end. If a man doesn’t marry, then he eliminates the prejudices against him in divorce court. If he refuses to have children, then he can’t be ordered to pay child support. If he doesn’t involve himself with marriage then his time is 100% of his own, just like his money and whatever business he has. If he doesn’t marry he doesn’t runs the higher likelihood of being accused of domestic violence. If more men actually saw the fine print in the contract for marriage, and divorced from their socialized and romanticized ideas of what marriage means, he would in most cases not take a bad bet with the dismal odds involved in “holy matrimony”. Follow Ingenious Press on our Facebook and Twitter pages.